Venue & Directions
NWCT’s new home, The Judy Kafoury Center for Youth Arts is located at 1000 SW Broadway, T-100, Portland, Oregon, on the corner of SW Broadway and SW Main. The Judy offers entertainment, food, and parking — all in one building! Click here for Google Map directions.
NWCT recommends arriving at least 30 minutes before curtain time to account for parking and getting settled into the theater. Doors to the performance space generally open 15 minutes prior to showtime.
The box office is on the street level if you need to purchase or pick up tickets. If you have mobile tickets, enter through the main doors and head down the stairs or elevator.
The Judy features four spaces:
- The Stage is akin to a traditional proscenium-style performance space. It features 240 comfortable, cushioned bench-style seats to allow families to sit in the configuration that is most comfortable for them. Seats are raked to allow for ideal sightlines no matter where you are sitting.
- The Black Box is a flexible performance space with up to 120 seats on movable risers that can be configured in a multitude of ways.
- The Cinema seats 190 guests and offers Family Movie Nights and daytime showings on weekends. Families and community members can also rent The Cinema for birthday parties and private events.
- The Studios: There are three studio spaces at The Judy. These flexible rooms will be used for classes, camps, rehearsals, and more! Each room is equipped with built-in sound systems, and two of the three rooms feature high ceilings and basic theatrical lighting.
The Judy has a full concessions area, complete with pizza, popcorn, candy, water, and soft drinks. Concessions are welcomed in all performance areas, so your family can have a full experience when you visit! Concessions accepts cash and most major credit cards. Outside food and drink is not permitted, except for water.
Parking & Public Transportation
There is an attached parking garage at 1000 Broadway. Rates vary, with weekend and evenings capping at $8 per day. A Smart Park is located a few blocks away at SW 4th and Yamhill. Limited street parking (metered until 7pm) is also available.
The Judy is located close to all bus lines headed for Portland City Center. All MAX trains also stop in the area. Visit TriMet’s website to plan your visit using public transportation.
Accessibility & Access Shows
NWCT operates in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and makes every effort to accommodate all patrons to the theater. Please see below for services offered:
- Wheelchair access is located at the main street-level entrance. Inside, there is an elevator to take patrons down to the main level. Wheelchair accessible seating and restrooms are also available.
- Gender-neutral restrooms are located on the lower level behind the concession area.
- NWCT offers sensory-friendly shows, featuring shorter run-times, reduced or removed lighting and sound cues, and the constant presence of house lights. These performances are specifically designed for children on the autism spectrum or with other sensory sensitivities. Contact the box office at email@example.com or 503-222-2190, option 1 for tickets.
- On select dates, NWCT offers ASL-interpreted shows for Deaf and hard-of-hearing patrons and their families. Professional, theatrical interpreters study the show in advance to seamlessly sign in front of the stage during select performances. Tickets can be purchased online.
- On select dates, NWCT offers audio-described shows for blind and low-vision patrons and their families. Professional audio descriptionists describe visual elements of the show over headsets when the dialogue is quiet. The audio descriptionists are also happy to meet with blind and low-vision patrons before the show and during intermission to answer questions.
If you have any questions or if you or someone in your group requires assistance or other accommodations, please contact the box office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-222-2190, option 1.