In-person Catalyst auditions for the 2023-24 season are on September 7!
Catalyst: NWCT’s Youth Company is an advanced training program for performing arts and technical and design theater students ages 12 to 18.
The main goal of Catalyst is to facilitate learning by doing. Through a combination of performance and production opportunities as well as classes and workshops, students develop their craft under the mentorship of professional theater artists.
Students must be at least 12 years old by September 1, 2023 to participate in Catalyst in the 2023-24 season.
Participation in Catalyst is by application and audition, or invitation only. Company members will have access to three types of opportunities:
- Self-selected projects, performances, classes, and workshops based on age and interest
- Catalyst productions cast by the director based on students’ audition submissions and possible callbacks
- Mainstage productions cast by the director based on students’ audition submissions and possible callbacks
Application & Audition Process
In-person auditions for the 2023-24 season are on Thursday, September 7.
Here is the process for registration and auditioning:
- Register for the audition to reserve your spot.
- Fill out the Catalyst application.
- Memorize a monologue to perform at the audition. You can find NWCT’s recommendations here, or come with your own. Monologues must be under one minute.
- Learn the dance that will be performed in groups during the audition. You will get a chance to review the choreography and ask clarifying questions before auditioning.
- A song will be taught at the audition. No preparation necessary!
What performance opportunities are available?
Performers accepted into Catalyst will be eligible for self-selected opportunities right away. Call-backs for NWCT’s winter productions will be selected from all Catalyst members (current and new). The shows planned are Annie, JR (Catalyst) and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Mainstage).
Interested in technical theater & design only?
All you have to do is fill out the Catalyst application.
Can’t make it on September 7?
Let us know at email@example.com.
Catalyst programs are tuition-based. There is an annual $50 registration fee, paid when artists are accepted into the program. Performance, workshop, and class tuition varies from $75 – $350. Tuition assistance is available for qualifying students.
Mainstage performers of all ages are paid.