Studio NW is an audition-based program for performers twelve to fourteen with director invitation or approval.
- Studio NW: Ages 12-14
- Studio JR: Ages 9-11
Studio NW members will be selected from NWCT's 2016-17 season auditions and a callback. At the time of the callback invitation the Studio NW season schedule will be provided. Following the callback a maximum of 40 students will be invited to register for the program.
- Studio NW 2015-16 members are automatically invited to the Callback on August 4.
- Classes are held twice each week during the fall, winter and spring terms at NWCT.
- Time commitment is flexible! Past members have been cast in Mainstage, Kid's Company NW and Interns NW productions.
- Studio NW will perform at the end of Fall and Winter terms.
- Fall and Winter performance opportunities are included in the program fee. A Spring performance opportunity will be provided for an additional fee; casting for Spring show will be by audition only.
This advanced training opportunity has been designed for our youngest actors, ages 9-11. Studio JR functions as a first step into professional training for the performing arts. Our program is designed to give young performers access to professional artists, performing and a deeper theater education. Through specialized instruction, advanced workshops, and three performance opportunities members will develop confidence in performance skills, vocabulary, and theater awareness.
Following season auditions, prospective members will be invited to a Callback and Informational Meeting. After the callbacks, a maximum of 20 members will be invited to register for the program. Studio JR will meet twice each week during the Fall, Winter and Spring terms.
- Rehearsals will be held once each week. Studio JR will produce a show at the end of each term.
- Classes will be held once each week, comprised of a variety of workshops to allow members to participate in hands-on training in acting, vocal, dance and musical theater.
Studio NW and Studio JR are tuition based programs. Refer to the season audition packet for current season pricing. Tuition assistance is available for qualifying families. Please contact the Program Director for more information.
Leigh Mallonee, Education Director
503-222-2190 x 11
- Classes & Camps
- Second Stage
- For Educators