For the 2020-21 Season, we will be holding separate auditions for our professional Mainstage Productions and Second Stage educational programs.
Adults 18+ wanting to audition for the Mainstage can submit a video audition and register here. The deadline is May 26.
Can I audition for Second Stage and the Mainstage?
Yes! We have students who participate in both during the year. You will need to attend both auditions to be considered for both programs.
Please review this important information on Mainstage productions before completing your registration.
Looking for audition tips? Click here!
Curious what Mainstage shows we are doing next season? Click here!
With Oregon schools closed for the remainder of the school year, we are holding Mainstage auditions via video submission. You will receive a separate email from our Production Manager after completing your registration.
NWCT casts ages 10+ for the Mainstage. The birthday cut off is 9/1/20. Students turning 18 during the season are considered youth performers.
- Registration is now closed.
- You must submit your headshot and resume at registration. Click here to see an example of a beginning resume.
- Resumes should be in PDF format and titled: Lastname_Firstname_Resume
- Headshots should be in JPEG format and titled: Lastname_Firstname_Headshot
- Prepare a child-friendly monologue and song for the audition:
– One monologue 30-60 seconds long.
– One song 30-60 seconds long (16-32 bars). Musical theater-style preferred, but sing whatever best shows off your skills! We provide an accompanist, please bring sheet music.
- Performers are not required to perform both a song and monologue. However, to be considered for most roles in the Mainstage season, NWCT strongly suggests you give both a song and a monologue your best shot!
After Your Mainstage Audition:
- NWCT will contact you via the email listed on your registration form. Performers will receive email notification whether or not there are any callback opportunities for them this season.
- Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Second Stage?
NWCT’s Second Stage programs provide advanced training for dedicated kids and teens who have the desire and drive to strengthen their theater skills. Many Second Stage students go on to perform on the Mainstage! We are holding a combined audition for three Second Stage programs:
- Kid’s Company (Ages 8-15)
- Studio JR (Ages 9-12)
- Studio NW (Ages 12-15)
Second Stage Auditions
Second Stage Auditions will be a combination of digital video submissions and online acting audition via Zoom on June 1-4. Registration is now closed.
NWCT casts ages 8+ for Second Stage. The birthday cut off is 9/1/20.
Second Stage Registration:
- Registration closed March 17, 2020.
- As part of registration, you will upload a photo of yourself. You do not need to submit a resume or professional headshot.
- On May 18, 2020, you will receive an email with your Zoom audition time and links to instructional song and choreography videos.
- You must submit a video of you performing the song and dance by June 1. More specific instructions will be outlined in the email.
- If you do not receive this email by May 19, 2020, please contact us at email@example.com.
Second Stage Preparation:
- Dress appropriately for your audition. Wear comfortable clothes that provide a free range of movement, pull hair back away from your face, and wear closed-toe shoes. If you have jazz shoes, you are welcome to wear them, but they are not required.
After Your Second Stage Audition:
- NWCT will contact you via the email listed on your registration form. Performers will receive email notification whether or not they have been accepted into a Second Stage program.
- If you haven’t heard from NWCT by July 15, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.